Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Service Desk Technician
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for four suitably qualified Service Desk Technician to join our high performing IT team. This position will be based across our operations in South Australia between both the new state of the art Australasian Headquarters in the Adelaide CBD and our Maritime office in Osborne, a little outside the Adelaide CBD.
Our Service Desk Technicians will provide first point of contact and support for end users on the Babcock Corporate Computing Environment with a focus on performance against SLA. Service Desk Technicians will provide direct support to end users and act as additional support for Infrastructure teams working remotely
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to:
- Support the desktop environment (break fix activity and request fulfilment) within agreed Service Levels
- Provide a first point of contact function that operates within agreed service levels and provides a level of customer service that is in line with the existing Babcock IS Service Desks
- Provide request and incident management in line with ITIL best practice
- Ensure that break fix / configuration activity is in line with existing standards
- Work with the End User Product Manager to highlight desktop infrastructure problems and assist with requirements / solutions for requests that deviate away from the current standards
- Support the regional asset and logistics function to ensure that stock is managed and requests are managed within SLA
- Provide support for remote Infrastructure teams and 3rd party support groups where required (
- Ensure Operational Procedures and Technical Documentation is maintained to agreed standards.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Experience of working in a service delivery customer focussed environment
- Proven experience of working in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- Excellent people and planning skills
- A flexible can do attitude with an ability work effectively to deadlines and prioritise efficiently
- ITIL Service Management qualification or experience (desirable)
- Technical qualifications (networking, OS / Desktop, infrastructure) desirable
- Previous experience with IT Service Management tools (e.g. Remedy) desirable
These roles will need to work on a rolling shift patter in order to cover our service desk between the hours of 5:30 am and 5:30 pm seven days a week.
This exciting opportunity will suit candidates with an eye for detail, great communication and a strong customer service focus. If you have the skills and experience relevant to this role and would like join an elite team, then this could be the role for you.
Job no: KTAN81029
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Wednesday, 19 December 2018