Senior Engineer Waterfront Support
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role?
As a Senior Engineer Waterfront Support you will:
- Provide deputised leadership and oversight to the Waterfront support team,
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of engineering outputs and continuing development of the department and team members.
- Ensure all risks to the company and clients are identified, assessed and mitigated
- Manage internal and external relationships to deliver operational support services, defect response times and achieve vessel availability targets.
You will be an experienced Engineer with proven success in a Technical Management/Leadership role.
- Knowledge of naval operations, engineering principles and regulatory frameworks;
- Demonstrated success in asset management and delivering engineering projects in the marine industry;
- Track record of delivering and managing business unit performance improvements;
- Ability to create and sustain efficient business processes;
As a successful Senior Engineer you will be part of our Centre of Engineering Excellence that has the best practice within a global organisation with an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Securi
Job no: HZDL80907
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 27 September 2018