Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Manager
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team.
About the role:
You will manage company quality standards and process improvements, ensure site environmental compliance. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer You will;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to foster a culture of delivering quality outcomes, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Manage the development, maintenance and support of the Business Management System (BMS) to meet operational, legal and client needs including accreditation to ISO 9001:2015.
- Scheduling, monitoring and reporting of internal audits within the Company, in accordance with ISO 9001 standards.
- Lead on the rationalisation of the Business Management System ensuring our policies, processes, procedures and documents are both relevant and fit for purpose to deliver to the customer and businesses needs
- Promote Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness
- Co-ordinate the Corporate Risk Register, ensuring risks are identified and actively managed
- Co-ordinate and lead Continuous Improvement Activities for the company
- Ensure we have adequate controls in place to measure and monitor performance including contractual Key performance indicators and Management Information
- Manage the Customer Feedback process ensuring actions are taken to improve our customer service
The successful candidate for this position will have similar experience in a position of this level, with demonstrable skills and qualification as outlined below;
- 10 years of relevant experience in quality management systems and quality assurance, coupled with a relevant tertiary qualification
- Good knowledge of quality planning methods, ISO and Configuration Management controls
- You must have proven experience in process & continuous improvement.
- Previous experience in stakeholder management
- Demonstrated ability to use lean tools to drive organization effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels and influence members of the organisation
- Knowledge of marine engineering industry and global marketing challenges/opportunities in the sector
- Continuous improvement capability – provide leadership and direction, good communicator
What’s in it for you?
As a successful Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: JFAM80965
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Sunday, 4 November 2018