Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
We currently have an exciting full time permanent opportunity for an experienced and professional Project Manager to join our high performing Marine Division. This position will be based in our facility at Techport, Osborne
About the Role
Reporting to the Project Management Office Manager this role will be responsible for providing diverse project leadership and utilise change management initiatives to deliver common project goals and milestones within the Marine Division. Ultimately this will deliver operational excellence and drive strategic engagement within the team and greater group
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage all aspects of projects to ensure timely completion of all activities to meet all contract requirements within the allocated budget;
- Align to PMBOK methodologies in management and delivery
- Provide leadership of program activities to support meeting technical requirements
- Plan, schedule and co-ordinate all contract activities within project schedule constraints;
- Developing project budget from project and resource plans, managing project through development and implementation stages according to budget.
- Designing and developing strategies and processes, in consultation with team members/stakeholders/business consultants, which will support the implementation of the project.
- Reviewing and responding to corporate policy issues, providing advice and establishing policies when required.
- Identifying key stakeholders and working pro-actively to gain their support and endorsement by establishing contacts, conducting presentations/workshops and attending stakeholder meetings
- Determining project resourcing requirements, recruiting staff and managing development and implementation of project on a day to day basis
- Identifying risks effecting delivery of project outcomes and where necessary deploys contingencies to ensure completion of project
- Identifying project dependencies and working with relevant departments to ensure plans can be carried out effectively and dependencies are resolved
- Developing and managing regular project plan progress reports and alignment with business reporting requirements
- Engagement with corporate projects, committees, change management programs as required
This role will align with an experienced Project Manager that has a proven track record of delivery within a defence, manufacturing or technical engineering organisation. You will be an experienced Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager with base level engineer qualifications and an understanding of AIPM accreditation. You will have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: JRAL - 70456-1
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Thursday, 31 May 2018