Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
We currently have two exciting full time permanent opportunity for experienced and professional Procurement Officers to join our high performing team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager this role will be responsible for the purchasing/procuring of goods and services according to specified quantity, quality and cost requirements and delivered within given timeframes. Additionally this role will be responsibility for providing efficient and effective external supplier management via tracking, monitoring and reporting of products, stock, equipment and parts for our external customers.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assisting with the selection of reliable sources of direct and indirect supply, engaging complimentary suppliers and working with key suppliers to improve value delivered to Babcock.
- Supporting in the preparation of tenders and proposals and assisting with the negotiation of contracts.
- Supporting the on-time delivery of orders from suppliers, ensuring their performance is as per contractual requirements and benchmark standards;
- Assisting with Supply Chain analysis, identifying areas for process improvement and providing suggestions to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Management of supplier data in the procurement system(s).
- Placing orders with suppliers to meet forecast requirements and expediting where required.
- Working within established policies and procedures to optimise handling storage and transport resources.
- Ensuring compliance with the Babcock’s operating principles, relevant policy, procedures and related quality standards, identifying and effectively responding to non-conformances and opportunities for improvement.
- Forecasting and inventory management
This role will align with an experienced Procurement Officer that has a proven track record of delivery within a defence, logistics, manufacturing or technical engineering organisation. You will be an experienced Procurement Officer preferably with tertiary level qualifications within an associated discipline. You will have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly. Familiarity with defence procurement and inventory systems would be advantages
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: GZGK80853
Location: Adelaide - SA, Osborne - SA
Closing Date: Tuesday, 4 December 2018