Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the short to long term procurement decisions that meet operational requirements whilst minimizing contract risk and maximizing value for money. Key to this role will be the development of procurement initiatives within the procurement manager’s market scope which will include analysis of the market, supplier engagement, establishing of contractual and pricing arrangements and ongoing supplier performance management, monitoring and reporting.
To be the successful candidate for this position you will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Review market pricing structures and establish frameworks that create transparency across varying services and trades, for the established category
- Development of procurement management plans and strategies
- Negotiations and agreements with suppliers including contract terms and pricing structures, whilst mitigating commercial risks to the business
- Establishment of long term partnerships and preferred suppliers as well as ongoing assistance with the development of relationships with all suppliers to the business
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to identify cost effective procurement processes that reduce overall costs
- Collaborate with the Operations and Commercial function to ensure that operational requirements are being met whilst commercial policy is being adhered to
- Ongoing performance management, analysis and reporting of subcontractor performance
- Contribute to a “Safety First” culture through and participation in HSE initiatives;
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members (direct & indirect), so that all employees are: engaged with the business; understand and adopt Babcock values, strategy and plans; and are motivated to achieve their objectives and improve the business;
- Coach and mentor all direct reports on all aspects of their role;
- Maintain a focus on the development of our people, identify resourcing gaps, and actively participate in the recruitment process as required to meet business needs;
This role will align with an experienced Procurement Manager that has a proven track record of delivery within a complex environment. You will be an experienced procurement leader with supporting tertiary qualifications within an associated discipline and have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
This is a career progressing opportunity to join out tightly knit Procurement team. We will be able to provide you with a great working environment and you will be able to grow your knowledge and gain experience in the Defence and government sector.
Located on the Royal NZ Naval Base in Devonport, this picturesque location is ideal for anyone taking the ferry, or located on the North Shore.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: KNAI81016
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 13 December 2018