Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role?
As a Propulsion & Diesel Systems SME you will:
- Focus on supporting Through Life Management Plans within Asset Management methodologies
- Manage and undertake the FDI Programme inspections
- Provide reports with recommendations to improve machinery reliability and maintenance efficiency,
- Provide specialist advice to support root cause analysis.
- Provide specialist advice on diesel engine trials and analysis, maintenance amendments and technical documentation
You will be an experienced Propulsion & Diesel Systems Specialist with;
- Mechanical Trade qualification, Engineering Diploma or equivalent. Fleet Diesel Inspector Course
- Extensive Subject Matter Expertise in Propulsion & Diesel Systems
- Practical knowledge of marine diesel systems operation and system performance
- Ability to provide clear reports and recommendations without ambiguity
- Track record of delivering reliability and performance improvements;
- Ability to create and sustain efficient business processes;
As a successful Marine Engineer you will be part of our Centre of Engineering Excellence that has the best practice within a global organisation with an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: HNAN80887
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Friday, 3 May 2019