Babcock is a leading engineering services and operational support organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We are a FTSE 100 company, with over 34,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5billion.
Naval Ship Management (NSM) is a Joint Venture between Babcock and UGL. NSM is a key Alliance Partner in the Warship Asset Management Agreement that provides asset management and sustainment for the ANZAC Class vessels for the Royal Australian Navy.
NSM currently has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Management Accountant to join the Naval Ship Management (NSM) based in Rockingham, Western Australia.
The Management Accountant will support the Head of Finance and has responsibility for the coordination, development and analysis of AMO financial forecasts and budgets. This role will assist in ensuring that Alliance funding is reported in accordance with the Financial Management Plan.
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for a wide range of duties including:
- Understanding and compliance with the Alliance Financial Management Plan and War Ship Asset Management Agreement including subsequent Program Agreements.
- Development and control of financial models.
- Education of stakeholders in relation to budgeting, reporting and forecasting requirements.
- Coordination of related information flow within the AMO and Participants.
- Analysis of related information and underlying drivers and assumptions.
- Undertake routine and ad-hoc reporting and impact analysis as required.
- Adhere and administer the commonwealth procurement process as required.
- Engage with the Client to support major budgeting exercises required throughout the year.
- Maintain a register of budget and support cost allocation transfers.
- Present end of month results to the Leadership Management Team.
- Develop and reconcile the payment schedules for the Commonwealth during the year.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate financial governance requirements.
This role is ideal for those candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Degree Business related degree (Business, Economics, Commerce or Accounting)
- CPA, CA or IPA Qualification (desirable).
- Have 5 years demonstrated management accounting with forecasting/budgeting experience.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across many businesses.
- Experience in an Alliance or direct Customer / Supplier relationship environment
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to understand and communicate the financial results and consequences.
- Excellent forecasting, budgeting and cost analysis knowledge, including the ability to link financial information to underlying business or project drivers.
- Ability to achieve effective communication with all key stakeholders, including customer, senior management, peers and subordinates.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and engage with team members by adapting style to account for individual differences and motivators.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of cost principles and practices.
Experience working with Defence or Government is highly desirable.
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Babcock is committed to creating an organisational environment that proactively acquires and manages efficient and effective staff with the skills, capabilities and attitudes necessary to support the business in achieving its corporate goals.
Job no: HDAJ80866
Location: Rockingham - WA
Closing Date: Sunday, 2 September 2018