Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defence, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Naval Ship Management (NSM) is a Joint Venture between Babcock and UGL and currently has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Maintenance Planner to join the NSM team based in Rockingham on a six month fixed term contract
The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for compiling, monitoring and expediting materials required in support of NSM maintenance operations.
To be the successful candidate for this position you will require experience in the following areas:
- Compiling and managing a Task Material Lists (TML)/Bills of Materials (BOM)
- Requisitioning and expediting material requisitions
- Report status of material to a project team
- Update TML's with status of requisitions/materials
- Receipt Requisitions in the Military Integrated Logistics Information System (MILIS) as required
- Raise and issue requisitions in MILIS as required
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain records of all material information for assigned projects
- Coordinate material reverse logistics
- Process supplementary requests for materials
- Assist with discrepancy management
- Conduct Supply Customer Account (SCA) close-out activities at the completion of an Engineering Management Plan
- Attend Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings and act as point of contact for all materials for assigned Engineering Management Plan
This role will align with an experienced Maintenance Planner/Expeditor or TMLO that has a proven track record of delivery within a complex engineering or defence environment. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
In return NSM offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Fixed Term Contract
Job no: JFAL80964-2
Location: Rockingham - WA
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 November 2018