Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
Babcock New Zealand currently has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Electrical Worker to join our experienced team based at the Navy Base in Devonport.
About the role:
This role will report to the Workshop Manager and;
- Provide support and input into work schedules
- Provide input into system engineering review to improve reliability, maintainability and availability of the equipment
- Liaison with internal and external customers to ensure timely action of scheduled and unscheduled activities
- Review of maintenance and technical documentation to ensure currency and accuracy
- Provide peak load support to other units as required
- From time to time, overtime may be required to complete work to schedules
- Provide feedback on maintenance and quality processes
- Other duties as instructed commensurate with the position
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skillsets and experience;
- Experience working on a variety of mechanical and electrical marine equipment and systems
- NZ Registered Electrician with a practicing licence (however applicants with strong marine electrical small pleasure craft or automotive electrical experience will be considered)
- A good level of written and oral communication skills with proven experience in writing reports on faults, maintenance and commissioning
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, a cooperative, team player
- Current forklift license
- Current ‘C’ Class manual drivers licence
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to Demonstrate high levels of understanding of and adherence to the Health and Safety practices and regulations
- Be physically fit especially with regards to heavy lifting and stretching
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.