Electrical Design Engineer (Graduate Opportunity)
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
This a newly created role for a graduate interested in Electrical Design Engineer role with key responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Support the Centre of Engineering expertise as the RNZN Design Authority.
- Provide technical decisions and advice based on proven engineering principles.
- Identify quality improvement and efficient systems engineering processes for customers and the department.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to develop opportunities and problem solve.
- Conduct electrical design analysis, feasibility studies, technical investigations and prepare reports.
- Deliver electrical engineering design drawings, reports, specifications and supporting documentation.
We are looking for experienced engineers with design and project delivery experience preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skillsets and experience:
- Degree majoring in Electrical engineering or industry experience with other degree.
- Ability to translate concepts and ideas into practical solutions
- Sound analytical and report writing skills
- Customer focus, cultivating a culture of mutual respect, collaboration and cooperation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: JZEO81007
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 November 2018