Marine Industrial Design (MID) is a New Zealand based Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy with a reputation for providing practical and proven marine engineering solutions to our clients. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock (NZ) Limited, MID complements and supports the organisation’s commercial and naval engineering capabilities within New Zealand. Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors
We are currently seeking a professional Naval Architect to join our business, reporting to the Senior/Principal Naval Architect. This role will provide Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering consultancy solutions across a number of market sectors including super yachts, fishing vessels, ferries, workboats, tugs, barges. You will also assist Babcock (NZ) in its contract commitments in providing the in-service support for the Royal New Zealand Navy and other projects for NZ Defence Force.
About the Role:
We are looking for someone who has a background in the marine industry.
- You will provide marine related structural, mechanical and system engineering design draughting services within the Engineering group, and undertake related tasks commensurate with experience and qualification.
- Provide 3D modelling and rendering capability
- Provide laser scanning capability including post processing of data and model generation.
- Produce detailed design/production drawings
- Proficient user of CAD software packages which could include AutoCAD, Micostation, Rhino, Inventor.
- General understanding of technical and engineering drawing
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the marine sector
- Relevant Trade qualification or diploma/equivalent in a related technical discipline.
In this position there will be opportunities to progress in the team and gain seniority as your skills develop.
You will be based in MID’s Auckland offices, located in Babcock’s dockyard facility within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This location is ideally positioned for ferry connections to the city centre and for commuter routes to the North Shore.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: DSAH80735
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 31 May 2018