Data Analyst (Graduate opportunity)
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role?
This a newly created role for a graduate interested in Data Analyst role with key responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Collection, transformation and integration of RNZN maintenance and utilisation data into a coherent dataset
- Using quantitative methods provide evidence based recommendations to aid risk assessment and optimisation of scheduled maintenance on Royal New Zealand Navy ships and shore facilities.
- Maintain relationships to ensure companywide achievement of objectives and targets
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working recent graduate with;
- Degree majoring in data analytics or operational research, or equivalent industry experience with other degree.
- Ability to translate concepts and ideas into practical solutions
- Sound analytical and report writing skills
- Customer focus, cultivating a culture of mutual respect, collaboration and cooperation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
As a successful Data Analyst you will be part of our Centre of Engineering Excellence that has the best practice within a global organisation with an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: JJAJ80968
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Friday, 30 November 2018