Capability and Integration Manager
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
As a Capability and Integration Manager within the Centre of Engineering, you will leadership and mentorship in improving the quality of the technical detail, programme and cost estimates provided by CoE to the customer organisations and our own delivery department.
- Provide Engineering Change process subject matter expertise across the business
- Support personnel delivering change projects to ensure consistently high quality engineering change output, ensuring customer requirements, codes/regulations
- and good engineering practices are being followed whilst meeting required codes/regulations.
- Develop processes to ensure quality and efficiency of outputs
- Aid Design team in providing a compliant design.
- Provide leadership of Engineering Change service delivery and Transformation.
- Support vision, values and strategies aligned to the value stream.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with substantial experience in an Engineering specialist role;
- Knowledge of naval operations, engineering principles, security requirements and regulatory frameworks;
- Demonstrated success in engineering project management and delivering engineering configuration change projects to the defence industry;
- Track record of delivering and managing business unit performance improvements
- Engineering Degree or equivalent, Chartered Professional Engineer Status
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance
Job no: JZEN81006
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 November 2018